Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas bake sale goodies

I'm having a bake sale tomorrow in the mall. I just finished packing up all the goodies, tagging and pricing them. I thought I'd share some photos of my bake sale goodies. So this year I'm offering a Christmas cookie box, it has 25 cookies, which include gingersnaps, decorated sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, gingerbread men or gingerbread snowflakes and of course chocolate chip.



Christmas cookie box! A variety of flavours including my delicious sugar cookies! 


I'm also selling cake pops. I'm offering two different types, cake pops on a stick, which include Frosty the Snowman from my previous post and Rudolph the red- nosed reindeer. They're are both so adorable, I hope they're a hit.




I made up some cake pop baskets too!!





And then I tried something new. Shaped cake pops! I saw a chocolate mold in the shape of a gumdrop and so I pressed some cake pop mixture into each mold, let them set, dipped them in chocolate and viola.....
I decorated them with extra melted chocolate, sprinkles and peppermint candy. Chocolate peppermint cake pops...oh my!!!  I guess you have to like peppermint to appreciate them but still worth a try and it's easy enough to just change the topping to your personal favorite.




I will definitely be making these again, they fit so nicely into a little box and make the perfect gift for any chocolate lover. 



 Of course I will be offering the sweet dough pastries from my latest entry too! To tell you the truth I wouldn't be disappointed if these didn't sell out though. I can just imagine myself sitting by the Christmas tree with an apricot pirozok in one hand and a steaming cup of chai in the other. Throw in family and I'd say it's the perfect way to celebrate Christmas eve. I do have one more special item that I will be selling at the bake sale and it's these....

Snowflakes!!!

Don't they look delicious?  

These are a light, flaky, pastry dough that's deep fried and sprinkle with icing sugar while warm. They melt in your mouth and it's impossible to stop at one. Trust me I've tried. So the only problem was that I needed to come up with a creative name for them. These are an old recipe from my mom and she has a Russian name for them, which I have no idea how to translate so I had to come up with something and quickly. Then my dad  said, "Snowflakes, you should call them snowflakes." What a perfect name for them they look like a snowflake; are light, flaky and melt in your mouth just like a snowflake. 

And so that's all my Christmas goodies that I'm selling. I think I have a good variety of sweets and now to get some much needed sleep so I can actually stay awake during the bake sale. 


Here's a few more pictures of my bake sale goodies,









 I found these adorable container at the dollar store and filled them with small Christmas cookies!! I always find the cutest container at the dollar store, I'm so glad I spotted these.   



Well I've finished my work here and it's time to sell. Hopefully all my hard work pays off! I will let you all know how it turned out, but for now let me take the time to say, Merry Christmas to all and May your New Year be filled with love, laughter, and good health. 

With SweetBakedLove 








Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These look good enough to eat!