Monday, January 23, 2012

First comes Love, then comes Marriage, then comes a Baby.....



Have you ever met someone and felt like you've known them your whole life? That's how I felt when I met my friend Kelly. She is kind, funny, down to earth and so easy to talk to. When I first met Kelly she was busy planning her wedding. Like most brides she was juggling work, home life and a gigantic to do list. Before you know it we were on the subject of wedding cakes and I, like most cake decorators asked the number one question. So who's making your wedding cake? Well after she found out that I was a cake decorator, I was making her cake and favours too!! I was so excited and thankfully that she chose me to make them. 
Once the cake idea, colours, flavours and theme was decided it was time for the magic to begin. I started creating the hand made sugar flower, leaves and two cute little bride and groom bees.

Lots and lots of petals, coloured with petal dust and shimmer.


~Rose buds and rose leaves~

*Click here for fondant rolled rose tutorial*



Heart Shaped Cake, Shimmer Pearl Strands and Stargazer Lilies! 


Stargazer Lilies 

The cake had a porcelain couple topper, Kelly bought it from Avon.

I had made a honey bee cake couple months earlier and showed Kelly the picture and she wanted me to incorporated them into the cake. What would be cuter than a "couple" of bees on a wedding cake? 



Kelly and B.J. hadn't totally decided on the favours yet but couple days later they called and confirmed that they definitely wanted cookie favours and they wanted them personalized. So I made a sample batch for them to try and make any finally choices on colour and style. 



Wedding Favour Samples



They chose the heart with their initials and rose buds :)


I bought $1.00 rubber stamps from Michael's to do the texture and message imprints on some of the cookies.


Shiny Sugar Pearl and Rose Buds for Embellishment! Click here for rolled rose bud tutorial. 

That's when i got to met B.J. Okay you know when you met a couple and you can't get over how perfect they were for each. Well that's Kelly and B.J. :) I think that they make such a great couple, both of them are really kind and caring. I think one of best ways to know if a couple is a good match is when you meet them both close to the wedding day (when tension is high and both are stressed to the max) and they still are able to make decisions without wanting to kill each other. Everyone walk away with all digits in tack; you can venture to say, things are gonna be good. 

Well the cookies and cakes were deliver, the bride and groom got married and now they are expecting their first child. Such an exciting time, their little family is starting to grow. I hope their little bundle bring many years of joy, love and happiness. I'm so glad that I got to help create the special day that brought these two love birds together and out of it I ended up with not one, but two amazing friends. Funny how such little things like a cake and cookies can be the beginning of something really special in more ways than one. That's what I like to call....... 




~SWEETBAKEDLOVE~

Thanks for stopping x



Pin It

7 comments:

kelly said...

Aww Kathy! Made me cry! How sweet you are and I am blessed to have met you...everything happens in the universe as it should! Hugs and kisses. :)

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

oh how sweet:) I love the bumblebees!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies are too pretty to eat! I would love to know how to make the sweet little roses on the oookies. Everything is beautiful.
Pat

Anonymous said...

I meant Cookies! and following you now. Have a great day. Pat

Katya said...

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments.

SmithGang said...

just beautiful baking and decorating. Love the cookies:)

Unknown said...

I'd love it if you'd come by Themed Baker's Sunday and share your treat! This week's theme is cookies!
See you there!
Cupcake Apothecary
http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2012/01/themed-bakers-sunday-21.html