Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cold Remedy Drink and Smileys

I made minestrone soup today! The soup was full of fresh vegetables, white beans, kidney bean, pasta, and aromatic oregano....yummo. After making enough delicious, hearty minestrone to feed 100 plus people I was feeling pretty tired. It's not the first time I made soup to feed a small army so that wasn't the issue that made me tried but the fact that I'm still battling this cold that just won't go away! 


I got sick last week, just at the time that my sister and nephew were coming to visit....Blah! Such bad timing but hey that's life! Actually it turned out that my poor nephew was sick too!! But I must say we definitely didn't let our colds stop us from going ice fishing and staying up till the wee hours of the morning visiting :) One thing that did help our coughing and sore throats was my mom's cold remedy drink. Next time your battling a cold try this cold drink remedy, it's all natural, and it's safe for your kids to drink. This drink works wonders, try it, you'll see!!


So today after coming home from a long soup making day, I was feeling tired and my throat was a bit scratchy and sore. I made myself a big mug full of this delicious cold remedy drink and it was the perfect boost I needed to help me get some very cute cookies decorated. This drink is not only good when your feeling sick but anytime you need a warming drink. If you have a nasty cough keeping you up, get up make a cup of this drink and you'll be ready to get some sleep shortly. Today I'm going to share the drink recipe with you. 


~ Cold Remedy Drink ~

Boiling hot water
Honey
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Black strap Molasses

Squeezed the juice from half the lemon. Bring the water in the kettle to a boil. Get out your favorite mug. For each cup of boiling water measure 2 teaspoons honey, 2 teaspoons molasses and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Stir ingredients to combine, add a slice on lemon. Sit back, put up your feet and enjoy your cold remedy drink.  



              




                 Honey
                 Lemon juice 
                 Black strap molasses












 Add 2 teaspoons of honey










Add 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice.












Add 2 teaspoons black strap molasses.












Fill mug with boiling hot water.










         Enjoy while still hot! 




                                  

                                                   Cold Remedy Drink


After I finished my drink I was ready to get back to my cookie decorating. I found a picture of Smiley face decorated cookies on Pinterest a while back and I thought they were so adorable. I really like Smiley faces, as you've probably noticed from prior posts, so I couldn't wait to make them. I'm so glad I did make them because they are so cute....almost too cute to eat :)


I was so STRESSED out about this linger cold that just didn't want to go away.....


It makes me very ANGRY when....


I'm SICK.


Sometimes I could just CRY....


But thanks to my Cold Remedy Drink !




I'm a HAPPY girl again!


See aren't they so cute. Who wouldn't love these cookies!


Smileys!



Happy or Sad !

The sad face unfortunately ended up with a bit of a bent on the left side. Royal Icing 101 don't touch cookies until completely dry, at least it kind of matches the mood. Maybe that's why he's sad because he got crunched. 


I also made some pretty flower cookies too! 







Smiles and Flowers go together to me so......




Viola!



Remember next time your feeling sickstressed or angry and you don't have much to smile about, Make a cup of  Cold Remedy Drink and before longing you'll be feeling great ;)







Thanks for stopping by,







Have a Smiley Day!

Love Katya


Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girrl.... most of us veg when we're sick, you keep on baking!Cute cookies,love the colours. Feel better.G

Katya said...

Ahhh yes but I have the handy dandy cold remedy drink to help fix that:) Thanks!