Thursday, July 19, 2012

Honeyed Cinnamon Pistachios....Oh Beehive!!

Well it's been a sweet month so far, literally speaking. The busy little bees have filled the hives with beautiful sweet honey and I have been spending my days extracting the liquid gold. Oh how I love honey! It's so yummy especially when you're extracting honey and snacking on fresh honey straight from the hive, there really isn't anything better than that. The smell of sweet honey fills the air with each cap you pierce, allowing the honey to follow freely. 




My mom and I love chewing on the cappings while we work, such a tasty job!! 

Next step load honey extractor with the uncapped frames. Turn on the extractor and let centrifugal force do it's work. I just stand and watch the frames whirl around and around, while the song Honey, Honey you are my.....swirls in my head.



And before you know it sweet liquid golden honey is flowing and ready to enjoy. 


Liquid Gold!!!


Pure unpasteurized honey.....


My son, eat honey because it is good...Proverbs 24:13

Fresh honey poured into glass jars and ready to sell at the market.


There's are so many songs, movies, bible verses and quotes that talk about or mention honey. One of my favorite "honey movie" is The Secret Life of Bees, it's a chick flick but it's a great movie.
 Honey is a miracle food ; it never goes bad and the benefits go beyond it's great taste. The 3 key health benefit of honey are:
  1.  Honey is nature's energy booster
  2. Honey is a great immunity system builder
  3. Honey is a natural remedy for many aliments


Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

I am so fortunate to have fresh unpasteurized honey to eat and bake with. The hot summer days kind of put a damper of wanting to bake but I have a perfect sweet treat that take minutes to make, no baking required and is so good. I think anyone would enjoy this delicious snack.

~ Honeyed Cinnamon Roasted Pistachios ~


Roasted Unsalted Pistachios


Sweet Delicious Honey


Cinnamon


Shell desired amount of pistachios, for 1/3 cup shelled pistachios I add 1 teaspoon honey and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. You can add less or more of each ingredient and use your favorite roasted nuts. I bet pecans or almonds would be so tasty too :)

  
Stir to combine all the ingredients.


And viola beautiful, tasty honeyed cinnamon pistachio!! 


Enjoy by itself or with your favorite yogurt. These honeyed nuts would probably be delicious serve over french vanilla ice cream too. See so simple but so good and good for you.....well back to the honey I go, after all I work for the Queen ;)

Thanks for stopping by and have a sweet day,








Love,

















Pin It

No comments: